BRAD OAKES - AUSTRALIAN COMEDIAN
Brad Oakes decision to take up professional stand-up comedy in 1989 has since seen him evolve into a
popular and versatile performer, a veteran of thousands of shows, television appearances and other media.
Despite this recognised status and list of achievements he constantly strives to continue perfecting his
performances, adding to his extensive repertoire as he goes.
He is dry, cynical and funny... extremely proficient stand-up comic - Melbourne Age Newspaper
His take on comedy is that it will be best for the audience if they can "see jokes through his eyes" and
accordingly takes time to craft his material. His technique incorporates adapting his speaking to match
whichever audience he is working to entertain. This resultant 'natural style' translates to create an
access to his humour that makes crowds listen and shut out the outside world. Further, this reliable
nous ensures he speaks appropriately to the tolerance of each particular audience.
His relaxed manner... makes you feel like your listening to a funny friend - The Adelaide Advertiser
Highly respected amongst his peers throughout the country he is often called to consult on or direct them
in their shows. He has acted as a mentor on behalf of the Melbourne International Comedy Festival and
various Performing Arts Bodies. He is also a popular 'Corporate Act', with an authority that sees him
equally comfortable before captains of industry and workers alike.
Our group unanimously agreed that your work on the last event was great.
T Jamieson Head of Sales Dulux Audience loved the comedy, especially Brad Oakes - MULTIPLEX LIMITED
Whatever the event Brad has the experience that provides humour that all can enjoy. He combines clever
concepts with simple language to provide laughs and an experience to be talked about long after the event.
He is also a trained public speaker and a highly sought after Compere.
Selected career highlights
• 'Cheap Seats' show, Gold FM Melb with Chris Bennett (and 2000 Xmas Show)
• Lecturing on Comedy Writing, Victoria University. "COMEDY WORKSHOPS" RMIT
• Freelance contributor - 'The Age' and 'The Herald-Sun'
• Multiple TV Stand-Up spots on 'Hey Hey', 'GMA', 'Tonight Live', ABC, "Stand-up Australia" Foxtel
• 'Labour Pains' - a one-man show on ABC-TV series 'Smallest Room in the House'
• TV writer for 'Comedy Company', 'Jimeoin', 'Full-Frontal', 'Hey Hey It’s Saturday', 'Back-Berner'
• House Director and Scriptwriter for 'Medieval Madness' - Theatre Restaurant 2997 - 2001
• Solo Festival Shows 'Doug' - Adelaide 1998 and 'Don't Look Down', Melb, 1998
• Moosehead Award - 'Small-top Tent Show' - Melb Comedy Festival, 1995 (& '93)
• Performer "Who's that Guy with the Axe?" - Bob Franklin & Glenn Robbins
• Director for Damian Clark "Bandit" Com Fest 2004 & "Lays it on Thick 2005"
• Mentor - Melbourne International Comedy Festival - Comedy Zone show, 2005
• The Comedy Laugh Boat. 2004 Comedy Festival. Monthly Series 2003
• Rove Live, September, 2003. "Stand-Up" ABC 2004. GMA – guest Sept 2004
• Comedy Trainer, St Michaels Collegiate School, Hobart – Jan 2005 and 2006
• Director of MICF 2006 shows of Corinne Grant, Lehmo, Geraldine Hickey and Harley Breen.
• Director – “Celebrity Is The New Bleak” SHORT & SWEET FESTIVAL, Melb Arts Centre 2006
• Writer, Director, Performer ‘DECEITFUL’ 2007 Melbourne International Comedy Festival
Some past corporate clients
St Kilda Film Festival, Austereo, Australasian Society of Engineers, Australian Wool Board, Bridgestone, Brighton Mazda, Clipsal, Collingwood FC, Crown Casino, CUB, Darebin City Council, Dulux Orica, Emirates, Essendon Football Club, Ford Australia, Hawthorn FC, Honda Australia, Mars Confectionery, McDonalds, Melbourne City Council, Moomba, Moonee Valley Racing Club, MULTIPLEX Ltd, MS Society, Orix, Qantas, Quit Foundation, SES, SIDS Foundation, Slater & Gordon, TAC, Telstra (More than 10 different branches), The Irish Club, ‘The Logies After Party’, The St Kilda Film Festival, The Logies After Party, The Great Barra Classic, Variety Club, Victoria Police, Woodwards, World Cruises, Jim's Fencing, Price Waterhouse Coopers
BOOK BRAD TODAY | RETURN TO COMEDIANS LIST